Yes itz me

Yes itz me
The Obnoxious arrogant snob; the blot on your mirror, that makz u see, who u r

Friday, December 3, 2010

Life is funilarious

Life is funny. Especially in a way it unfolds

Anu has become a recent devout of mad men. Mad men is an American master series about a an advertising exec who is running away from his damaging past. Thus, when I was leaving for office in the morning she decided to watch it before going to hers. While browsing through folders she came across one with ‘mind’s eyes’. Remember, the short film I wrote in FTII. What a crapfest it was! What was I thinking at that time? I wanted to portray the facet of a character who is stuck somewhere in his psyche which he cant get out. Also, he is not violent, he is just getting over a break up. Like I know anything about getting over one. I just know how to be rejected.

I got what was I writing about. A guy getting over his break up. Off course, I am making a pun on the shrink. All shrinks are only interested in sexual innuendos. What a fuckturd it was.

It was my solo performance as the writer. I proposed to be a producer coz I thought I would have some control. However, I was too timid to be one.

I was afraid. What will people think of me? Will they laugh at me? Will they appreciate my writing? Will they fall in love with it?

All above reasons are acceptable, but one cant do something on the basis for that. Being a producer, writer, or a director is same being a teacher. One has to not care for the perception, but only care to do the job honestly. Fuck whatever they think. Be uninhibited.

One’s work must speak for itself.

I went wrong in lot of ways. I didn’t establish my character & its problem. I needed to do that. I had to also focus on the journey. I didn’t focus on the theme too.

It was an important learning experience. I’ll remember next time

Life is very unexpected. Life teaches one things, one doesn’t even know exists.

When I met Anju in St. Xaviers, I didn’t realize he would become a major influence on my character evolution. Neither did I realize how important Anu will become in my life. She after all taught me how to love.

The same goes with matchbox, the most unexpected thing life threw in my way. People, my seniors who did not like me, were fired, and were replaced by people from whom I am learning a lot.

Indeed, life is fucking funny.

No comments: